Make your swimming pool a little greener—in a good way! Installing a solar pool heating system can help lower your utility bill and reduce your carbon footprint, without compromising on comfort.
At Solar Dad & Sons, we have over 16 years of experience installing and maintaining solar pool heating systems on Long Island, and can help find the perfect solar solution for your backyard.
How Do Solar Pool Heaters Work?
Solar pool heating is simple and effective, and the necessary heating systems are comparable in cost to traditional pool heaters—only you don’t have to pay for the sunlight you’ll use each month, unlike electricity or natural gas. Your pool’s filtration pump circulates the water through pipes that run beneath special solar collector panels, heating the water before it returns to the pool.
Solar pool heating systems can extend the swimming season by making your pool water warm and comfortable beyond the peak of summer. While year-round swimming is rarely possible on Long Island, your family can enjoy your swimming pool earlier in the spring and later into the fall with a quality solar heating system.
Why the Size of Your Solar Pool Heating System Matters
Unlike residential solar heating, the solar panels don’t convert the sun’s energy into electricity, but rather heat the pool water directly. The larger your pool, the more collectors you need to adequately heat the water; the size of your solar collectors is essential to your system’s efficiency.
Why Choose Solar Dad & Sons?
- Experience: Our expert team has worked with Long Island swimming pools for many years, and we understand how to maximize the sun’s energy in a wide range of backyard environments.
- Custom Design: No two properties or swimming pools are alike, and having a properly designed heating system is essential. Without enough collectors, your pool water won’t retain heat; without facing the correct direction, they may not collect enough sunlight. Our experts will help you start on the right foot with a solar pool heating system designed for your specific property and needs.
- Ongoing Service and Maintenance: Rest easy knowing that the same team of experts who installed your pool solar heater will be available for service and maintenance. Most pool heaters are quite low-maintenance, but just in case you do need service, we’ll be available.
- 10-Year Guarantee: Solar Dad & Sons offers a ten year warranty on all parts and labor we provide.
- Permits & Incentives: We can help secure the proper permits for your new swimming pool installation, and provide information about any applicable incentives or rebates that may be available for your solar pool heating system.